Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New to Me Coffee Table

Ever since I bought my new sofa I've been looking for a coffee table....for over a year!  I had this hand-me-down before (in addition to the old love seat) - sure it was nice and compact, but it didn't exactly compliment my more modern sofa:


I browsed the webpages of all of the modern design stores - West Elm, CB2, Design Within Reach, Ikea - and paged through Craigslist ads.  Until I discovered this $15 metal typing desk at a thrift store.


After roaming around the thrift store, I had one of those "light bulb" moments...I should shorten the legs!  How do I execute my idea?   I need a welder!  Thank goodness for Google...I was led to the industrial area of Stockton to a local welding company.


And here is the finished product:


I absolutely love my new (well, new to me) coffee table.  I can roll it about and hide magazines/remotes in the shelf underneath.   If and when I get tired of it, the whole thing wasn't a major investment! And isn't it quite similar to this?  :)
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment